PE Gasket Wholesalers introduced the sealing gasket installation requirements:
1. The gasket and flange sealing surface should be cleaned, and there should be no scratches, spots, and other defects that affect the sealing performance of the connection.
2. The outer diameter of the gasket should be smaller than the outside of the flange sealing surface, and the inner diameter of the gasket should be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the pipe. The difference between the two inner diameters is generally twice the thickness of the gasket to ensure that the gasket is compressed The inner edge should not extend into the container or pipe, so as not to hinder the flow of fluid in the container or pipe.
3. The pre-tightening force of the gasket should not exceed the design regulations, so as to prevent the gasket from being over-compressed and losing its resilience.
4. It is best to use a torque wrench when compressing the gasket. For large bolts and high-strength bolts, hydraulic tightening is best. The tightening torque should be obtained by calculation based on the compression of the given gasket, and the size of the hydraulic tightener's oil pressure should also be determined by calculation.
5. When installing the gasket, tighten the nuts in sequence. But it should not be screwed once to reach the design value. Generally, it should be cycled at least 2 to 3 times so that the stress distribution of the gasket is even.
6. For pressure vessels and pipelines with flammable and explosive media, safety tools should be used when replacing sealing gaskets to avoid sparks caused by tools and flanges or bolts colliding with flanges or bolts, resulting in fire or explosion accidents.
7. If there is leakage in the pipeline, the pressure must be reduced before replacing or adjusting, and installing the sealing gasket. Operation under pressure is strictly prohibited.