Pe Gasket is a sealing spare part often used in machinery and equipment, and it is a material that plays a role in sealing. The correct installation can ensure the sealing performance and make the equipment run smoothly, otherwise, it will damage the sealing gasket.
1. Before assembling the gasket, coat the sealing surface, gasket, thread and rotating parts of bolts and nuts with a layer of graphite powder or graphite powder blended with oil (or water). The gasket and graphite should be kept clean.
2. The gasket must be installed on the sealing surface to be centered and correct, not to be skewed, and not to extend into the valve cavity or rest on the shoulder.
3. Only one piece of gasket is allowed to install, and it is not allowed to install two or more pieces between the sealing surfaces to eliminate the gap between the two sealing surfaces.
4. The oval gasket should be sealed so that the inner and outer rings of the gasket are in contact, and both ends of the gasket should not be in contact with the bottom of the groove.
5. For the installation of O-rings, except that the ring and groove should meet the design requirements, the amount of compression should be appropriate. Under the premise of ensuring sealing, the smaller the compression deformation rate, the better, which can extend the life of the O-ring.
6. The valve should be in the open position before the gasket is placed on the cover, so as not to affect the installation and damage the valve. Align the position when covering, and do not push or pull to contact the gasket to avoid displacement and scratches of the gasket.
7. For the installation of bolted or threaded gaskets, the gaskets should be in a horizontal position (the gasket cover for threaded connections should not use pipe wrenches if there is a wrench position).
8. Before the gasket is compressed, the pressure, temperature, properties of the medium, and gasket material characteristics should be clearly understood to determine the pre-tightening force. The pre-tightening force should be as small as possible under the condition that the pressure test does not leak.
9. After the gasket is tightened, it should be ensured that there is a pre-tightening gap for the connecting piece to prepare for pre-tightening when the gasket leaks.
10. When working at high temperatures, bolts will experience high-temperature creep, stress relaxation, and increased deformation, leading to leakage at the gasket, requiring thermal tightening; on the contrary, under low-temperature conditions, the bolts will shrink and require cold loosening.
11. When a liquid gasket is used for the sealing surface, the sealing surface should be cleaned or surface treated. The flat sealing surface should be consistent after grinding, and the adhesive should be evenly coated, and air should be removed as much as possible. The glue layer is generally 0.1-0.2mm.