6 Advantages of Rubber Rings :
1. Suitable for a variety of sealing forms: static sealing, dynamic sealing, suitable for various materials, dimensions and grooves have been standardized, with strong interchangeability
2. Suitable for a variety of motion modes: rotary motion, axial reciprocating motion, or combined motion (such as rotary reciprocating combined motion)
3. It is suitable for a variety of different sealing media: oil, water, gas, chemical media, or other mixed media. Through the selection of suitable rubber materials and appropriate formula design, the effective sealing of oil, water, air, gas, and various chemical media can be realized. sealing effect. The temperature range is wide (-60 ℃～+220 ℃), and the pressure can reach 1500Kg/cm2 in fixed use (used together with the reinforcing ring).
4. The design is simple, the structure is small, and the assembly and disassembly are convenient. The cross-sectional structure of the rubber O-ring is extremely simple, and it has a self-sealing effect and reliable sealing performance. Since the structure of the rubber O-ring itself and the installation part are extremely simple and standardized, it is very easy to install and replace.
5. The variety of materials can be selected according to different fluids: there is nitrile rubber (NBR), fluorine rubber (FKM), silicone rubber (SIL), EPDM rubber (EPDM), neoprene rubber (CR), Natural Rubber (NR) Hydrogenated Nitrile Rubber (HNBR), Butyl Rubber (IIR), Silicone Fluorine Rubber (FLS), etc.
6. The cost is low, and the choice of the hardness of the rubber O-ring is more important. For example, the hardness of the water pump turbine in a power station is 70 (Shore), which is often peeled off or even cut horizontally. After that, the sealing ring of 85 to 90 (Shore) is used, and the effect is ideal. Low hardness and easy installation, but prone to peeling, installation damage, extrusion, and even pressure. The hardness is too high and the installation is inconvenient. Generally, the hardness of rubber O-rings is 40-90 IRHD, but in use, 70 IRHD is generally suitable. For silicone rubber, 60 IRHD is generally used.